Yang Jiayu. Remember that name the next time you dine at the Shanghai Club. It was an honour to have him cook for us. And it was impossible to review dinner while in a state of rapture. Suffice to say, I'm going back as soon as I can muster enough to pay for the next meal.
I've been asked to, at the least, include the menu. So here goes:
- Stir fried lotus stem with honey and chilly.
- Dim sum filled with bay scallops and baby ginger.
- Crab meat and tofu soup.
- Prawn wonton soup.
- Scampi steamed with garlic.
- Tossed crab meat with ginger and spring onion.
- Double cooked pork with Sichuan peppers.
- Stir fried chinese greens with black and shitake mushroom.
- Cantonese noodles with 100 year old soy sauce and assorted seafood.
- Chef's special rice with butter and cheese.